Saturday, March 21, 2009

What song are you dying to cover?

Last night, while enjoying a Sapporo king can outside Club 7 in LKF, TJ asked HK Ham and myself what song we would most like to cover. After much debate, which canvased the likes of Bowie, Survivor and The Doors, to name a few, HK Ham declared with finality that he would cover "Time After Time".

I never got to the bottom what song HK Ham was actually talking about, as TJ and I immediately broke into Cyndi Lauper and the conversation degenerated. Notwithstanding our failure to stay on topic, I think it's a good question.

What song would you most like to cover? I'm still thinking about my answer, but a few initial thoughts are:

- Money for nothing, Dire Straights
- Too young, Phoenix
- Anarchy in the U.K., The Sex Pistols
- Sex police, Supergroove
- London Calling, The Clash
- With u, Rain
- You look like rain, Morphine
- Heroes, David Bowie

Hmmmm, so many good songs, but would they be good to cover? Let me get back to you on this one.

1 comment:

Hamish McKenzie said...

It's Chet Baker, biyatch!