Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nagi Noda

On 10 September, Tokyomango posted an obituary article about Nagi Noda, a seriously talented young artist and director who passed away on 7 September at the age of 35. I was sad to read that such a young and talented person had passed away. I was also sad that I had not come across her work until I read that article (I’d seen a clip of her artsy poodle exercise video, but I had no idea who had directed it). For those, like me, who haven’t come across her work before, I’ve posted two of her videos below.

This is the last video Nagi Noda worked on. It’s a music video for Japanese singer MEG. I love how the video’s quirky tone escalates as the song progresses. The use of kuroko is reminiscent of the matrix pong video that circulated the wires a few years back.



(via Tokyomango)


This is an advertisement for Coke that she directed. I think it’s the best ad Coke have released to date.

No comments: