Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Macbook?

According to Barron’s, Citigroup’s Richard Gardner has asserted in a research note that “field checks” have confirmed that shipments of new MacBooks have begun. Mr Gardner says the most distinctive features of the new MacBooks are “very thin aluminum casing, an LED-backlit display and an aggressive entry-level price point.”

I am very pleased to read this, as I am in the market for a new laptop. Hopefully, aggressive entry-level price point means the same thing to a research analyst from a large commercial bank as it does to me (though probably not). Currently price is the only thing stopping me from purchasing a new MacBook – it’s hard to justify the price of a MacBook when Lenovo and Asus have good products (X61 and Eee PC respectively) that are significantly cheaper.

Either way, I think I’ll delay my laptop purchase decision until early next month on the off-chance Mr Gardner is on the money with his statements.


(Barron's via Gizmodo)

No comments: