Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tron Rebooted

This morning, I finally got round to reading the October Empire magazine I purchased several weeks ago.  I opened the mag and the first thing I came across was an article about the Tron sequel.  Back up the bus, a Tron sequel?


I was a fan of the original film, which was released in 1982.  A friend had Tron on VCR and I recall watching it a number of times.  I even purchased a Tron jacket from the Adidas Adicolor Blue range.  Now don't get me wrong, I am very excited about the prospect of a Tron sequel, but it seems a bit ridiculous to have waited 26 years before making it.


According to Empire, test footage was previewed at the San Diego comic con, Jeff Bridges features in the preview and John Lasseter (Disney chief) is personally masterminding the project.  The movie will be titled Tr2n (catchy name, must have taken hours to come up with that one), it will be predominately CGI rendered graphics and the release date is projected for 2010.

Click here if you want to see a pretty average bootleg video of the preview footage, taken at the San Diego comic con.

This is a lot to take in after only one coffee.  Although I'm amped about the prospect of Tr2n, I'll reserve judgement until a few more minor detail become available, such as what is the movie about.

No comments: